MADE IN DC - SOLD AT A FEW COOL HARDWARE STORES!
Who are we?
We are a locally owned chain of Ace Hardware stores (did you know Ace is a co-op?) located in Washington, DC, Takoma Park, MD and in Baltimore, MD. We sell over 25,000 items in our stores and want to help encourage “product makers” to expand their reach. Our products fall into 9 main departments including paint, cleaning supplies, tools, lawn & garden, housewares, plumbing, electrical, seasonal and so much more.
In order to spotlight products made in the communities where our stores are, we are dedicating one end cap (approximate space is 4 feet wide by 4 feet tall) to a local entrepreneur and are soliciting RFP’s to choose our first round of new vendors.
1. Must be made in Washington, DC (no exceptions)
2. No offensive materials or subject matter
3. Can be plant or plant related, any DC made product that could easily fit into any of our current departments (and we have many)
4. Up to 3 different items can come from the same vendor
1. Must live in Washington, DC (no exceptions)
2. Must be able to fill the shelving allotment available
3. Will be asked to drop off a sample of your product if you are chosen as a finalist (it will be returned)
4. Once chosen the vendor will be given some guidelines to help make the set up run smoothly
5. Will submit a purchase order form to replenish the end cap throughout the month as needed
6. Could come on a weekend or two to “table” the end cap and interact with customers if he/she would like
7. Could help promote the location and event with his/her own contact list
8. Recommend future Made in DC vendors